Web Serie: Savona and the Sea Slow Tour
Sightseeing tour discovering the important maritime city and the area nearby
- Savona and the Sea, history of the city
- Savona: a sightseeing tour
- Savona: Piazza Mameli
- Meet the prehistorical prince of Finalborgo
- Street food from Savona: “Fette” and “Farinata”
- The artists’ promenade of Albissola
- Active tourism on the Island of Bergeggi
- The “Muretto” of Alassio, a pop art artwork!
- Ligurian Sea Cetacean Sanctuary
Savona has always been an important maritime city, a place of trades with all the countries of the Mediterranean area, as far as the East. Talking about art, Savona has three different souls: modern, art nouveau and medieval. But there are really many things people still don’t know about this city: did you know that here is the second Sistine Chapel? Our ‘slow tour’ continues nearby: Finalborgo with its archaeological treasures; Albissola and Alassio looking for crafts, art, ceramics and pop culture; Bergeggi to try some active tourism, as diving or climbing.
Places on the map
Cover pic courtesy of Flickr User Raffaele Sergi